Saturday, September 18, 2010

Redecorating my Mom and Dad's House for Fall


Family Room Before



Family Room After

Some Additional Close Up Shots





Office Area Before


Office Area After





It is always so MUCH FUN to help redesign a house and it is even better when it is FAMILY!  My mom already had a great "Base" but I just felt like a fresh set of eyes and a little removal would do wonders!  I think that one of the largest impacts in this room is the removal of the valances.  They really weren't "Doing it for me!"  I just felt like they were dwarfing the windows and these are not little windows! By removing the valances it opens up the space and your eye can focus on the beauty and size of the windows.  My other FAVORITE area was the office! My father collects old milk jugs and from the before picture you can see other "random farm items"  It is wonderful to express your love and interests in your rooms.  However, there is a tasteful way of doing so and just because you like cows it doesn't mean you need to have a hundred of them displayed.  In most cases Less is MORE!  My mom already had all of the items I used in this room, I just rearranged and took some out of storage and put others in storage! 

kitchen before pictures




Kitchen After
I added some Fall Flowers to existing arrangement very simple and inexpensive!
Another Simple Floral Arrangement and Centerpiece that I made...........


I hope you have enjoyed the photos it was a lot of FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment