Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Brycen's Room

Brycen's Room When we purchased the house.............

First thing I knew I wanted to do was get rid of that carpet!  We were able to get a great deal from Hiller's Flooring in Rochester, MN on carpet.  They even installed the carpet all the way in Decorah, IA.  I chose the paint colors based on the bedding we selected and our wonderful painter Bruce went to work. 



What a difference new carpet and paint makes!



We purchased the changing table and crib from an Amish Furniture store in Harmony, MN



I found these frames at Kirkland's in Rochester, MN
They say,
"A little like your father"
"A little like your Mother"
"but Thankfully more like yourself than one of us or the other"
I knew immediately where I wanted to put them in his room when I saw them!



Found this cute little table and chairs at an Amish Auction and the John Deere Tractor I purchased at the Fool's Five Auction in Lewiston, MN


The Brycen Thomassen Whalen Puzzle is going to be such
a great tool to teach him his name!


I absolutely LOVE having a comfy recliner in the nursery! If you have the space I highly suggest adding one especially for those late night feedings!  It is also a Great Place to snuggle and read books before bed!



I also think it is important to display keepsake items!  Babies GROW up so Fast it is fun to have a place in the nursery to remember just how little they were!  The diaper on the shelf is the size Brycen first wore! Hard to believe they make diapers that small!  I also have his first little hat and his bands.


I hope you enjoyed his ROOM......................


1 comment:

  1. where did you buy the name puzzle? That's such a great idea for teaching him his name!!

    ReplyDelete